Tuesday, March 18, 2008

He's Home He's Home

My sweetheart is home after sugery and doing really well. We showed up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6am. Before that however, our 80lb fur baby broke into Kristofer's room and jumped up on the bed to wake he and grandma up - naughty puppy.

Dwyane was nervous before surgery - I could tell. He came through with flying colors though :) Right now he is asleep again after his 4pm dose of vicadin.

I had such a nice surprise in the waiting room for me. I brought a big ole bag of bible study to keep me company and no sooner did I unzip it when I looked up to see one of the sweetest ladies bending over to give me a hug. A friend who has gotten me through a really rough time showed up to keep me company :) How sweet is that? There were some other friends from church also going through the same surgery as Dwyane so I am sure she blessed them too when they made it to the waiting room. On top of that sweet hug another lady showed up because yet another lady was having a knee replacement. So she kept us company and then when the dear knee replacement lady's husband woke up from a short snooze he joined us as well. Just like a church gathering in the waiting room - it was great.

It has been a quiet afternoon in between assisting Dwyane when needed and making sure he doesn't overdo it.

That is all on our front - all other things remain the same.

Blessings to all!

3 comments:

Reformed Grits said...

So glad all went well! Now just get that guy rested up and HEALED!

Dorian & Monte said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Both of you need to rest and get better now!!! Take care of yourselves.

Colleen said...

Glad to hear Dwyane is well. Mom actually told me last night.

This weekend I am teaching her how to leave comments on your blog...pray for patience for me...