Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

That if you confess with your mouth "Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 That is the whole story folks. How would you like to spend eternity? I for one would LOVE and will spend it with my Wonderful creator, God.

One verse that totally stood out to me and made such a beautiful picture and one that I am striving to memorize is: But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 2Corinthians 2:14. What a beautiful picture of a command that Jesus tell us to do and as we as Christians need to obey. Who do you share the Gospel with?

How beautiful are the feet of those that bring good news Romans 10:15 Another beautiful picture painted with words in the Bible.

I love to share the good news with children. To have a childlike faith again.. that would be something! Life is full of ups and downs. It is the our attitude of how we handle those ups and downs that makes us who we are. I remember a trying time in my life. Those around me commented on how I handled it - I am sure they thought I was nuts and should have handled it much differently. I had such Peace in Christ during that time and he was my source of strength. He knew I was suffering and chose to give me his word, his Holy Spirit and the wisdom of other believers to guide me on my path.

I love reading my Bible. I love hearing God's scripture speak to me and being able to share that scripture with someone else. Nothing makes me more happy than sharing what God is doing in my life and the life of others. God's power and work is so awesome. One of my greatest joys is going to Bible Study Fellowship each week (look for one in your area - they are all over the world - filled with many people of different denominations that all have the same purpose - to study scripture). I love to hear how God is using his word to change the life of others for his Glory. Today we were talking about how beautiful are the feet that share the good news. My Teaching Leader, Carol is truly beautiful. She radiates Christ's love and joy for everyone and everything. Her heart shows her love of Christ and her zeal to get the message out. She gives lecture every Wednesday and I can be guaranteed I will have learned so much as well as have been blesses so much by just listening to her. Her feet are truly beautiful because she spreads the Gospel to a bunch of eager women each week.

******************************************************************************

On a family note:

Our little boogar sugar (Isaiah) came home from school yesterday with a terrible headache. His fever was 101.4. I HATE seeing my babies sick. Just hate it. He camped out on the couch for the night and I emailed the ladies at Bible Study Fellowship to please pray so I could lead the 3 year olds on Wednesday. Dwyane was so gracious to rearrange his schedule and stay home with Isaiah today. He must be feeling better as he is doing his chore! He will be able to attend the Valentine Day Party tomorrow and he is excited.

The other two are both battling colds. Allison's seems to have settled in her chest while Kristofer's is hanging out in his nose. We have had some early bedtimes with more in the horizon.

On another note - my mom owns a bakery. She has always made the most AWESOME homemade bread. My hormonal preteen girl asked grandma for some cheesecake and she brings up not one or two pieces but an entire box (think 20+ pieces) of cheesecake dipped in chocolate and frozen. That cheesecake didn't last too long around here. Dwyane even fell in love with it and the look on his face was priceless as he ate a slice. But anyway, back to mom, Mom is into organic and has been reading a book that has said that there is so much asthma these days compared to days gone past. That makes grandma concerned as she has one granddaughter who has asthma and a grandson who was on continual nebulizar treatments as a baby. Grandma offered to make us all our bread so we won't have to buy any in the store ever... and it would be one organic item in our diet that would put her mind at rest somewhat. I really would buy organic if they would lower the prices low enough so I could afford to feed a family of five. Anyhow, I am so thankful to MOM for offering to make us lots of bread! I LOVE the smell of homemade bread but I just don't make the time to make it - so many other things to do ya know?!

Anyhow, I am sure it looks like I wrote a book but I wanted to share some scriptures with you. Please disregard any typos or incorrect punctuation or misuse of quotes as my keyboard just started sticking - yeah... I was eating cheesecake while typing (I can hear my dear friend Rhonda in Texas giggling at this telling me that i deserve it after eating cheesecake while i was chatting with her one day).

Prayer Requests:
Please pray for a lady in my bible study. She had a baby girl today and that baby is struggling - heart, lungs and other organs are struggling. Please pray for God's peace for them and a miracle for the wee babe.

Please pray for Dwyane. He takes his state boards in a couple of weeks and I am sure he is feeling quite overwhelmed. Please pray for God's peace and good time management.

Please pray for me that I would be consistent with the children's chore chart (I made a new one this weekend and so far so good) that it will free up time around the house and that time could be spent together learning about God's words and just having some wonderful quality time as a family.

Have a HAPPY Valentine's day.

1 comment:

Reformed Grits said...

Happy V Day to you too, friend! Thank you for your thoughts on these scriptures. :-)

As far as the bread and asthma... I don't know if this is true or not but my SIL says that she makes her bread with LOCAL honey bc it brings in immunities (or something) from the plants in your area to build up your own immunity to them. I know that's more allergy related but who knows? It's worth a shot! (I just use Sam's honey though due to the cost!)