Saturday, December 23, 2006

What are you doing this Saturday?

We aren't doing much around here. The morning was started off with sleeping in til 9:00am when Kristofer's pillow that he had forgotten at a sleepover arrived then.

I have been caught up in a book since last night and finally finished it. Karen Kingsbury's "Family". I would put in a link but have no clue how.. maybe sometime I will. I am now currently reading "Sisterchicks in Sombreros" by Robin Jones Gunn. Kim - if you read this check out this series - you will get a kick out of it. The first Sisterchick book I read was "Sisterchicks Do The Hula". My friend Karla introduced me to the series and they are books that you will laugh out loud too.

Another wonderful book by my favorite author, Karen Kingsbury, is called "Divine" a contermporary story of Mary Magadeline. I highly recommend that one.

I officially started a week off of work. I haven't had a full week off of work since 2004! Dwyane took the week off with me and the only thing I had on my 'honey do list' for him to do was wash the dog. The dog really does NOT like taking baths or even going out in the rain. Go figure! But at least his ears aren't crunchy anymore!

Do you realize that we live in South Dakota and we have NO snow. In fact the grass is trying to turn GREEN! The weather people promised this big winter storm coming.. freezing drizzle and then rain. We got rain and only a slight freezing drizzle which I am completely thankful for and then the weather forecast said snow after 11:00am yesterday. NO SNOW. We haven't had but a sprinkling of snow all winter. I want a WHITE Christmas - looks like Denver got their snow, our snow and then some. This week would be a wonderful week to be snowed in :) I would be home... the kids could play outside... the dog could frolic with the kids... and I could keep warm in the house making hot chocolate for the kiddies.

Ok I am running out of thoughts to put down in writing. I thought of something the other day but wouldn't you know it - I didn't write it down and therefore forgot it.

Adios Everyone!

3 comments:

Dorian & Monte said...

Oooh, I love Karen Kingsbury!!! I'm currently reading Found and am on the waiting list for Family. I love her books. Of course, I read all the Redemption series already. I recently read 2 of her Red Gloves collection too.

I read all the Sisterchicks books too. lol Seems as though we're on the same wave length with books these days. :)

Angie said...

Dorian - Aren't those sisterchick books hilarious? Do you have any snow yet? I would doubt if you do since we don't have any. We will have to plan a get together next summer :) I have six weeks off! Wahoo....

Dorian & Monte said...

6 weeks!!! Wow, we definitely have to work something out. As for snow..nope, nothing. :(